The trip for people who want to stay in Athens as little as possible but still see
the sites. What makes this itinerary special is that you stay on the island of Poros, an hour from Athens and close enough to go into town for the day
see everything and be back in time for a swim before dinner. You can also see the Saronic Islands, the Argolis Penisula (Myceneae, Nafplio, Epidavros) and then one bright morning take the fast boat to Pireaus to catch
the ferry to Santorini and by sunset you are sitting on the rim of the volcano having a drink and enjoying the
view. You can add other islands too if you like. In Poros you will be staying with my friends Takis and Zefi at
the Saga Hotel.
Day 1. Arrive in Athens. Transfer with taxi to Pireaus to catch the boat to Poros to stay at
the Saga Hotel with Takis and Zefi and their family, the nicest people you will ever meet.
Day 2. Relax and get to know the island. Maybe a little water-skiing or other watersports or just hang out at the
beach or in the cafes in the village. Dinner at the Saga or at one of the many great tavernas on the island.
Day 3. Wake up early (not too early) and catch the Flying Dolphin to Hydra. Spend the day swimming and strolling and take
the last boat back.
Day 4. Wake up early and take the Flying Dolphin to Pireaus where you will be picked up by
a driver for a tour of the city including the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, Museums and of course a nice lunch. Arrive
back in Poros in time for a last swim.
Day 5. Day off or optional day for tour to Epidavros or Myceneae or Cruise.
Day 6. Wake up early and take the first Flying Dolphin to Pireaus and transfer to the boat to Santorini. Stay at one of several selected hotels on the cliffs overlooking the caldera.
Day 7. Swim or see the archaeological sites of the island or whatever you would like to do including a variety
of organized excursions
Day 8. Same as day 7
Day 9. Same as day 8 (there is lots to do in Santorini)
Day 10. Return to Athens on the morning boat. Arrive in Pireaus and be picked up by your driver
and taken to the Hotel Attalos or another hotel in the quiet Plaka area for your last night.
Day 11. Final transfer to the airport and home.
- Arrival transfer from the Athens Airport to Port of Piraeus ( Boat to Poros)
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Poros
- Ferry or Hydrofoil tickets to Poros
- Arrival transfer from Poros Port to Saga Hotel
- Ferry or Hydrofoil Tickets from Poros to Piraeus and back to Poros ( for the Athens
- 4 hours tour in Athens with taxi
- Ferry or Hydrofoil tickets from Poros to Piraeus ( Boat to Santorini )
- Ferry or Hydrofoil tickets from Piraeus to Santorini ( or alternative Island )
- Arrival Transfer from Santorini Port to hotel
- 4 Nights stay in Santorini
- Ferry or Highspeed tickets from Santorini to Athens
- Arrival transfer ( upon arrival ) from Piraeus Port to Plaka Hotel ( or Attalos
- 1 Night in Athens - Accommodation
- Departure transfer from the hotel in Athens to the Athens Airport.
- Breakfast always included.
For prices, more information or booking
you can contact Fantasy Travel or use their contact form